For qualified vehicles, the Manhattan Resident Parking Tax Exemption lowers the tax you pay on monthly parking spaces from 18.375% to 10.375%
State mandated vehicle requirements:
- Individually owned by the applicant
- Registered to the owner's primary residence in Manhattan
- Parked in a long-term rented space for a month or more, and
- Driven for personal use only. (Commercial, rental or company vehicles are not eligible for the exemption.)
If you qualify, here are the next steps to take:
- Download & complete the application form from the NYC Department of Finance (HERE)
- Once you have sent it to the State, they will review your application.
- Once approved, and you receive a certificate from the State, forward a copy of your Certificate of Exemption to email@example.com
NOTE: The exemption is effective starting the first day of the month that the certificate was issued.
Each exemption application requires your garage's unique consumer affairs license number. To find the license number of your garage, please click HERE.